- Tianjin Binhai Library, China
- Quzhou Sports Campus, China
- The Nanjing Zendai Himalayas Center, China
- Harbin Opera House, China
- The Nanjing International Youth Cultural Centre, China
- The Porsche Design Tower in Miami
- The CTF Finance Centre
- Sky Habitat, Singapore
- Shenzhen Luohu Friendship Trading Centre
- One Thousand Museum, Miami
Quzhou Sports Campus, China
The “Quzhou Sports Campus” designed by MAD Architects, led by Ma Yansong, has just broken ground in the historic city of Quzhou, in China.
Spanning almost 700,000 square meters, the first and second phase have a total construction area of approximately 340,000 square meters, and include a stadium (30,000 seats), gymnasium (10,000 seats), natatorium (2,000 seats), national sports complex, outdoor sports venue, science & technology museum, hotel accommodations, youth center and retail programs.
MAD’s design embeds the functions of the sports park within natural forms. The interiors and exteriors of the buildings are connected to nature, providing an openness towards the landscape for people. The exteriors are covered in greenery, which while being energy-saving, are also human-scale and accessible. The land around Quzhou is heavily forested, with hills and mountains to the east and west.
Quzhou Sports Campus is due to complete in 2021.