- Hyundai Motorstudio Goyang, South Korea
- The Shed, Hudson Yards, New York
- Oculus World Trade Center Transportation Hub, NYC
- 10 of the Most Beautiful Metro Stations around the World
- National Kaohsiung Center for the Arts, Taiwan
- Napoli Afragola Rail Station, Italy
- Top 10 most Sustainable Office Buildings in the World
- SkyRise Miami Tower, Florida
- Amazon Spheres, USA
- Museum of Contemporary Art & Planning Exhibition, China
Amazon Spheres, USA
The centerpiece of the new Amazon headquarters is The Spheres. The building, located in Seattle, USA, is designed by NBBJ. The Spheres are a result of innovative thinking about the character of a workplace and an extended conversation about what is typically missing from urban offices– a direct link to nature.
The Spheres are tree joined glass bubbles which occupy a prominent location at the center of the site, where employees can step away from their desks to think more collaboratively and more creatively while surrounded by nature. They are open to the public on weekends.
The Spheres are home to more than 40,000 plants from the cloud forest regions of over 30 countries. They are a key amenity to help Amazon's employees think and work differently.
In addition to the plants themselves, the interior also includes treehouses, bridges, a waterfall and a conference room enclosed by greenery. One of the most exciting features of The Spheres are the living walls. With more than 25,000 plants woven into 4,000 square feet of mesh. Waterfalls and a pair of densely planted living walls create the sense of a jungle. Green walls also provide many benefits including cleaning interior airspace and providing natural cooling and insulation for buildings.