- Hengqin International Financial Center, China
- Virgin Hyperloop; World's First Hyperloop Passenger Test
- Long Thanh International Airport, Vietnam
- Founder International Financial Center, Wuhan, China
- SoFi Stadium; The Most Expensive Venue Ever Constructed
- The Shed, Hudson Yards, New York
- Hyundai Motorstudio Goyang, South Korea
- Oculus World Trade Center Transportation Hub, NYC
- 10 of the Most Beautiful Metro Stations around the World
- National Kaohsiung Center for the Arts, Taiwan
Hyundai Motorstudio Goyang, South Korea
Delugan Meissl Associated Architects (DMAA) has completed the “Hyundai Motorstudio Goyang”, a building that forms the largest center for automotive culture in South Korea. DMAA’s competition winning-design responds to Hyundai’s ‘modern premium’ strategy, which encompasses the fields of technology, functionality, design, comfort, and sustainability.
The scheme brings together a range of functions including sales, branding, and customer entertainment alongside a series of exhibition spaces, all defined by three characteristic elements: landscape, vertical green, and shaped sky.
The uniqueness of the building – and at the same time the main challenge of its design – lies in its ambition to unite a multitude of functions – Sales, Brand Center, Automotive Theme Park, Offices and Services – in one structure. These functions are positioned in horizontal areas, one above the other, and are connected through the vertical design elements.
The aim was to create a complete and integral experience of the brand Hyundai for the customers. Symbolically, the experience represents a journey everyone has imagined but never took, into space, which stimulates one’s imagination – a journey of a car, a journey to a car.