- Hengqin International Financial Center, China
- Virgin Hyperloop; World's First Hyperloop Passenger Test
- Long Thanh International Airport, Vietnam
- Founder International Financial Center, Wuhan, China
- SoFi Stadium; The Most Expensive Venue Ever Constructed
- The Shed, Hudson Yards, New York
- Hyundai Motorstudio Goyang, South Korea
- Oculus World Trade Center Transportation Hub, NYC
- 10 of the Most Beautiful Metro Stations around the World
- National Kaohsiung Center for the Arts, Taiwan
Hengqin International Financial Center, China
Aedas has recently completed the iconic 339-metres Hengqin International Financial Centre tower, which is located in Zhuhai’s Hengqin Island, a future financial district in China. Inspired by "The Nine Dragons", a famous stroll of Chinese painting, the design embodies the convergence of energy in the architectural form. It’s transformed into the elegant curves and powerful twists of the tower, complementing the undulating surface of the waters around it. From the exterior the building looks like four towers converging into one building, symbolizing the convergence of talent from Zhuhai, Macau, Hong Kong and Shenzhen at Hengqin.
Parametric techniques were applied to design the details of the curvy curtain wall. With rigorous calculations, the curtain wall is divided into smaller, standardized units in a limited number of dimensional types. The glass panel units, mostly flat, are installed by sections and with gradually shifting angles to form the three-dimensional curve.
This 73-storey development (69 floors above ground and 4 floors below ground) comprises mixed programs including Grade-A office, conference and exhibition amenities, commercial apartments, and retail space. Conventional and retail spaces are placed in the podium to allow for easy access. Offices are up to the middle of the tower while the apartments are set on top, enjoying the tranquil and scenic sea views.
Hengqin International Financial Center has won numerous awards including Council on Tall Buildings & Urban Habitat Awards 2021 (Best Tall Building), German Design Award 2021 (Special Mention), A' Design Awards 2016-2017 (Golden Winner), AAP Architecture Prize 2017 (Architectural Design of the Year Winner, Architectural Design Tall Buildings), etc.