- Hengqin International Financial Center, China
- Virgin Hyperloop; World's First Hyperloop Passenger Test
- Long Thanh International Airport, Vietnam
- Founder International Financial Center, Wuhan, China
- SoFi Stadium; The Most Expensive Venue Ever Constructed
- The Shed, Hudson Yards, New York
- Hyundai Motorstudio Goyang, South Korea
- Oculus World Trade Center Transportation Hub, NYC
- 10 of the Most Beautiful Metro Stations around the World
- National Kaohsiung Center for the Arts, Taiwan
The Shed, Hudson Yards, New York
Diller Scofidio + Renfro and Rockwell Group's iconic Shed has opened in April 2019 in Hudson yards, New York. The Shed is a cultural organization that commissions, develops, and presents original works of art, across all disciplines, for all audiences.
This innovative 18,500 m² building is able to expand and contract by rolling the telescoping shell on rails. The institution is able to accommodate large-scale indoor and open-air programming on demand. When deployed, the Shed's shell creates a 1600 m² light, sound, and temperature-controlled hall that can serve an infinite variety of uses. The hall can accommodate an audience of 1,200 seated or 2,700 standing; flexible overlap space in the two adjoining galleries of the base building allows for an expanded audience in the hall of up to 3,000.
The Shed's eight-level base building includes two levels of gallery space; the versatile Griffin Theater; and the Tisch Skylights, which comprise a rehearsal space, a creative lab for local artists, and a skylit event space. The McCourt, an iconic space for large-scale performances, installations, and events, is formed when The Shed’s telescoping outer shell is deployed from over the base building and glides along rails onto the adjoining plaza.
When the Shed's shell is nested over the base building, the 1800 m² plaza will be open public space that can be used for outdoor programming; the eastern façade can serve as a backdrop for projection with lighting and sound support.